Replacing your patio doors is a significant yet worthy investment for any homeowner to make. As such, it’s understandable if you want it to go as smoothly as possible by choosing the best doors and the best specialists for the project. Unfortunately, some homeowners still tend to commit mistakes that can cost them a lot in the long run, such as:
- Not Getting a Free Consultation – This is one of the common mistakes that homeowners commit when buying and replacing their old doors. When you’re installing new doors in your home, especially custom ones, always make it a point to get a free consultation. That way, professionals can examine your current door and determine which option is the best option for your space.
- Failing to Embrace Natural Light – Your doors can aid your windows in allowing natural light to enter your home, which not only allows you to save a significant amount on your monthly energy bills but also helps a small space look larger. By failing to consider how much natural light will enter your home through the replacement doors, you can easily lose these advantages.
- Not Buying from a Well-Known Brand – Another mistake that homeowners tend to make when replacing their old doors is not buying from a brand that is well-known. While there’s nothing wrong with wanting to support up and coming brands, experts still recommend that you go for the well-known ones because they already have a track record of proven success in every home they’re installed in.
- Prioritizing Price – It can be awfully tempting to buy the replacement door that will cost you less. However, this is a mistake that you should always take care to avoid. When it comes to buying doors, keep in mind the old adage “You get what you paid for”. This means, that if you buy a cheap door, you shouldn’t expect it to last long or be beneficial to your home. While a quality door may cost you a pretty penny, keep in mind that this is a one time investment due to the energy efficiency benefits it can bring and the longevity of the door means you won’t have to replace it immediately.
- Not Having a Contractor Install It – As much as possible, avoid DIY-ing your door replacement and hire a contractor to get the job done instead. Committing the mistake of not having a pro install it can cause you to make mistakes in the installation that can be costly to rectify.
Searching for an expert to install new entry doors in your home? Look no further than Renewal by Andersen® of Louisville/Lexington. When it comes to window and door replacement projects, we are the number one service provider to approach and you can count on us! Give us a call at (502) 991-8338 or fill out our contact form for a free consultation.