French doors have a more classic design than sliding doors. Sliding doors are a good option for your home but French doors have advantages over sliding doors.
Should you replace your sliding door with a French door?
French Door Benefits
Hinged French patio doors benefits:
- Classic Design. French doors offer an elegant look and feel, adding an instant focal point to whatever room they are installed in. If used as a patio door, they help create a dramatic entry point between your home’s interior and your outdoor living space.
- Smoother Movement. French doors create a wide opening that allows for smoother movement to and from your home. Because of this same wide opening, French patio doors also direct fresh, cooling breezes into your home, helping improve its indoor air quality.
- Maximized Viewing Area. Even when closed, French patio doors can still benefit you. The multiple glass panes running down their length may be divided by lines, but they can still offer you an optimized view of the outdoors.
- Improved Energy Efficiency. Much like casement windows, French doors create an airtight seal when closed, preventing drafts from leaking into your home, while ensuring that warm and conditioned air won’t escape outside.
Request Your Patio Door Quote
Call Renewal by Andersen® of Louisville, Lexington, and Evansville today for your free French door consultation.
- Greater Louisville: (502) 716-7264
- Greater Lexington: (859) 629-4649
- Evansville/Owensboro: (812) 213-8244